Earth's crammed with Heaven and every common bush afire with God
But only those who see take off their shoes
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries

Emily Dickinson

Monday, November 29, 2010

My Gratitude List

Every Thanksgiving I try to make a Gratitude List. Here are 10 from today's list.

  • Warm toes in socks hand knit by my sister, a double blessing of love and warmth
  • Crisp, cold, clean air in my lungs
  • Snow crystals sparkling in the sun
  • A day book-ended with a brilliant sunrise and a spectacular sunset
  • Everyday music of the teapot whistling, a bird chirping, a child laughing
  • Feasts of color: crimson pomegranates, diamond snow, cerulean sky
  • The feeling of firm strength that comes from physical exercise over time
  • The similar feeling of strength in my spirit that follows climbing a mountain of emotional, relational, or spiritual difficulty
  • Loving touch from the hand of a person I love
  • Waking anew to the knowledge that my life is a story that has an author. He writes purpose into the story and someday, a satisfying happy ending.


No comments:

Post a Comment