Earth's crammed with Heaven and every common bush afire with God
But only those who see take off their shoes
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries

Emily Dickinson

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Miracles

Do we need miracles or do we need only to perceive that every ordinary thing around us is already miraculous?
Elizabeth Rooney

I am learning to open my eyes to the miracles in each day. Little things like the fact that I am sipping tea from India out of a cup from Vietnam, while I sit in Colorado and chat with my son in England!

It is -12 degrees outside my door today, but I sit in perfect comfort due to the dual miracles of insulation and a furnace.

My heart keeps beating, my lungs keep filling with air, every cell in my body keeps doing its job, all while I sit here "doing nothing".

I sleep soundly each night and awake in peace each morning knowing that no matter what the day holds "The good hand of my God is upon me" ( Nehemiah 2:8)

What miracles are all around you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment